The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making. The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM’s strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is an internal Data Scientist Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and senior data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. The position’s main role and responsibilities include:
- data exploration, extraction and manipulation
- fact-based quantitative analysis using data visualization techniques
- building innovative statistical and machine learning models, writing code, testing and validating
- interpreting output and performance of models in business terms, communicating findings to the team and stakeholders through presentation
- collaborating in a team environment
Are you passionate about harnessing the power of big data and analytics to address real-world business problems and play a key role in influencing change? If so, we want you to apply (caoeph).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
- You must have proficiency in Python, R, SQL or another programming language
- You have experience and/or coursework in statistics and machine learning
- You have experience and/or coursework in exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
- You have understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry as well as code versioning
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment
- You live or are willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Additional consideration will be given for these qualifications:
- You are pursuing a BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related STEM Fields
- You have experience in data engineering for machine learning applications
- You have experience and/or coursework in deep learning, with applications
- You have experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
- You have effective written and verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- You have hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.