The Student Support Specialist, in consultation with the Registration and Records Supervisor, supports and contributes to the operations of the Registrar’s Office and will be the point of contact for and directly responsible for the military portals, enrollment process, degree/enrollment verification, transcript/diploma process, final grades, and grade changes.
- Initial point of contact for student services departments in areas including the military portals, enrollment process, degree/enrollment verification, transcript/diploma process, final grades and grade changes.
- Manage all aspects of military portals including Go Army Ed, Air Force, MyCAA, etc.
- Process semi-annual Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership reporting.
- Process enrollment requests/changes, including drops, withdrawals and requests to roll-over.
- Process requests for Leave of Absence.
- Assist in development and delivery of training for staff, including maintenance of the department manual.
- Create and maintain optimal student service environment, with emphasis on optimal utilization of technology. Assist with testing SIS system due to enhancements.
- Provide assessment of resources, evaluation of student services tools including web and front line services.
- Manage department email accounts.
- Triage student complaints.
- Uphold FERPA regulations.
- Maintain compliance with state, federal and University policies and guidelines.
- Follow quality control standards.
- Assist in annual commencement ceremony.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in higher education, particularly in a records or registration office.
- Proficient with basic computer applications such as Microsoft Suite and ability to learn new software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, administrators, staff, faculty and outside constituencies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of university academic requirements, policy and procedures re: course catalog, course section, schedule development.
- Thorough knowledge of student database systems, student records and curriculum modules, ability to work with supervisors in development of training & outreach services regarding registration, catalog, courses, transcript processing; knowledge of document imaging software.
- Ability to utilize PC software in development of data extraction supervision.
- Ability to supervise staff, including training, evaluation, motivation, task supervision.
- Ability to effectively deal with multiple clients in a timely fashion, including faculty, students, staff.
- Ability to maintain an effective work environment that requires multiple tasks, deadlines, expectations by clients/students.
- Thorough understanding of federal and university policies that require security, confidentiality and supervision of student records.
- Thorough knowledge and direct experience, including supervisory experience, related to Registrar/Student Records Office.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience maintaining institutional and student records within the military educational portals such as Go Army Ed and the Airforce Portal
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a post-secondary institution.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a leader or a team member to ensure that work flow functions and goals are met.
- Ability to supervise multiple tasks and perform well under pressure in a changing environment.