- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Windows Server
- IT Experience
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
The primary focus of this position will be to serve as the lead application engineer and product specialist for BB&T’s enterprise-class Collaboration Services. As lead application engineer and product specialist, this individual will be responsible for the continued design progression, interdependent application integration, structured installation, vigorous performance testing and complex configuration for multiple BB&T Collaboration Service applications. These solutions are currently hosted using a blend of industry leading products, applications and technologies from Microsoft, MobileIron, OpenText, Symantec, Citrix, CA, Dell, Apple, Google and several others.
In addition, this position will be responsible for new solution commissioning efforts and developing and documenting requirements, Request for Proposal (RFP) artifacts, detailed product analysis, vendor communications and management, contract reviews and technical application performance and functionality reviews. This position will also be responsible for the authoring of standardized organization-wide standards, procedures and processes to optimize the overall efficiency, health and effectiveness of the associated services and supporting teams.
As lead engineer and product specialist, this individual will also perform regular system maintenance, upgrades and serve as the escalation point for incident management, problem management and request fulfillment activities for the Operations division within IT Services. It is preferred that the candidate have balanced combination of intermediate level administration, design and security experience in enterprise Collaboration, Messaging, Mobility and related Security technologies. This position is highly technical in nature and requires regular off-shift, on-call and weekend work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis and capacity planning as required for future systems requirements.
2. Lead technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies as requested using client server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
3 . Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
4. Responsible for third-level technical support of Client Server systems providing expert problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
5. Participate in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of related experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
3. At least 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Online (Office 365), Microsoft Exchange & Exchange Online and Microsoft Windows Server 2008
4 . A comprehensive understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
5. An intermediate understanding of applied enterprise-computing technologies, OSI 7 layer modeling and SDLC lifecycle processes.
6. Thorough knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
7. Knowledge of multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
8. Very good verbal and written communications skills with ability to present technology requests and designs to all levels of associates and management.
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification