Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for an Associate Manager, Category Management to support our Kroger business based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office. Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Category Development & Shopper Insights, the Associate Manager position serves as the key analytical point person for the Kroger business at Ocean Spray. This Associate Manager should be highly skilled in the use of analytical tools, combining disparate pieces of data and insights into a holistic story, and can execute a category review process with very limited supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Work with limited guidance managing the execution of sales and category management leadership initiatives and making recommendations based on analysis of business results, competitive data, and consumer insight.
- Works with the team to identify opportunities to build Ocean Spray business, as well as, identifies opportunities to reach customer goals at divisional level
- Support the Kroger team in the Ocean Spray point of view on assortment & shelving
- Collects and communicates customer, industry, and competitive insights/learning(s) for divisional presentations and provides feedback to Customer Team Leader.
- Work to support Senior Manager Customer Insights to ensure a consistent POV in the selling strategies of current and new products across channels.
- Support all Customer Category Management work including the usage of 84.51º (Dunnhumby) consumer insight analysis
- Impact channels/zones by having a solid understanding of industry and internal activities in those areas.· Provide viable recommendations for translating consumer and shopper insights into actionable insights for sales and Ocean Spray customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred
- IRI/Nielsen, 84.51º (Dunnhumby) & Market 6 experience required
- Must be knowledgeable in gathering and interpreting syndicated data (IRI and ACNielsen) as well as 84.51º (Dunnhumby) consumer insights to provide supporting evidence for recommendations.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of sales and category management practices and principles – typically gained through work experience within a consumer packaged goods company
- Knowledge of Kroger Vendor Item Portal strongly desired.
- Ability to be an effective advocate for sales and category management leadership initiatives across the enterprise
- Incumbent must utilize Excel and/or PowerPoint based presentations to present findings. Candidates must be able to orally and visually present information to peers and potentially customers.
- Possess the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.