Home Health Aide Job Duties:
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Home Health Aide Skills and Qualifications:
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Verbal Communication, Listening, Training , Dependability, Emotional Control, Medical Teamwork
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $14.00 - $21.00 per hour
- cna, hha, or pca: 1 year (Required)
- Are you able to work in Leesburg, VA?
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift