Responsible for manufacturing process and equipment improvements. Define, plan, organize, lead and perform activities involving production equipment and processes to support changes designed to improve safety, quality, equipment reliability, performance and manufacturing efficiency.
- Leads and executes equipment and process improvement initiatives including methods and practices.
- Leads initiatives to reduce waste and achieve continuous improvement standards.
- Initiates and leads projects to improve equipment performance, reliability and cycle time, yields, including capital projects and project management.
- Manages work load priorities and communicates time and cost status and changes to management as needed or as scheduled.
- Manages and executes engineering change control process within the guidelines of the existing quality system requirements.
- Develops or improves equipment Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks and engages in establishing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program.
- Oversees shutdown activities and develops activity schedule with Maintenance Manager.
- Develops, maintains and deploys work standards for processes.
- Engages in lean manufacturing initiatives to improve safety, material flow, cycle times, productivity and capacity.
- Improves customer satisfaction with respect to on-time delivery, yields and quality.
- Improves and develops competencies in core process technologies and maintains knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes.
- Works with Safety, Quality and Production to help ensure operator training and proficiency.
- Participates in 5s Events, Kaizen related events.
- Participate in or leads cross functional team meetings.
- Prioritizes and responds to operation needs with urgency and professionalism.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
- Has the authority to stop machine and process to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, and to promptly notify appropriate management personnel when processes are noncompliant.
- Other duties, initiatives, and/or projects as assigned
- Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement
- Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner
- Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards
- Follow all company Quality Standards
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable technical degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ year of manufacturing, hydraulics systems and operational experience preferred
- Windows operating systems & programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCad / Solidworks experience
- PLC troubleshooting and programming experience
- Understanding of controls and automation integrators
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes.
- Working knowledge of ISO, TS, OSHA and NFPA standards.
- Utilization of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Ability and experience applying engineering and statistical analysis.
Intelligence – Ability to acquire understanding & absorb information rapidly. A quick study
Integrity – Iron clad, does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interest.
Customer Focus - monitors client satisfaction (internal or external), establishes partner relationship with clients, visible & accessible to clients
Analysis Skills - The individual identifies, troubleshoots and resolves problems oftentimes independently and provides solutions in a timely manner
Initiative – Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer”.
Team Player – Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we-they mentality. Is approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the company. Interacts with co-workers and managers in a positive manner.
Track Record – Successful career history. Generally earns above average performance reviews.
Organization / Planning – Plans, organizes, schedules & budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Communication – Communicates well one-on-one and in small groups. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language, keeps people informed. Writes clear, precise well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations will be reviewed by management on a case-by-case basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: