Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
Energy engineering – Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
Environmental management – Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
IT infrastructure modernization – Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
Transportation solutions – Designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency; Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefitsof working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in New Orleans, Louisiana or Little Rock, Arkansas as an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client at a client site. This position requires a person with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative as well as critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the team to be successful in achieving program goals.
Duties to be performed include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance to management and other staff.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of client files and privacy of information.
- Requires strong organizational skills, good time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Primary responsibilities require strong computer skills for managing databases, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- High school diploma with 2+ years of administrative experience. Associates degree preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assist all team members
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes
- Must be very detail oriented
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure
- Experience booking travel and creating expense reports in Concur (preferred)
- Experience with onboarding/offboarding employees to include ordering/collecting equipment, first day details, answering first day questions (preferred)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.