The Consultant will provide early childhood mental health consultation and support to EarlyLearn programs and staff. The consultant will also assist with caretaker screenings, make referrals, as needed, and conduct intake assessments in the Early Childhood Treatment Center Clinic.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Develop and maintain positive working partnerships with staff and teachers in early child care setting.
- Assess and develop consultation plans with child care sites.
- Conduct trainings for child care staff on early childhood mental health and wellness including the signs and symptoms of trauma.
- Consult with teachers and staff by providing mental health consultation regarding children in need.
- Consult with parents as needed and refer children who need intervention beyond on-site consultation to mental health clinics with staff trained in Child-Parent Psychotherapy, i.e. Jewish Board clinics or other community programs.
- Screen parents and young children in child care settings to identify trauma and possible depression or mental health conditions.
- Complete timely documentation and maintain required statistics/data
- Ensure excellent client care in line with State and Agency mandates is uniformly provided.
- Make referrals, as needed.
- Conduct intake assessments in the clinic.
- Provide Child-Parent Psychotherapy (training provided).
- Comply with any other grant deliverables.
- Attend required training.
- Travel to multiple locations and sites within the assigned zone.
- Participate as a member of the Early Childhood Treatment Center team, working collaboratively with Family Peer Advocates and Clinicians.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED ):
LMSW, LMHC, LCAT or Limited/Licensed Psychologist
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
Experience working with young children and families.
- Fluency in Spanish or French/Creole preferred.