The account manager provides customer service, project management and account management support to internal and external customers. This person plays a critical role in the order management processes ensuring the timely process of orders and realistic delivery dates are confirmed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Acknowledges customer orders received via telephone, email and fax within 24 hours.
- Escalates risks and potential problems with customer orders to the appropriate team members in supplier customer service, manufacturing, process engineering, production planning, pre- production areas, etc.
- Consistently applies pricing, discounts, and fees according to company policy to ensure high levels of service and revenue.
- Provides sales, order and customer data to sales and operational planning.
- Negotiate expedite fees and scheduling deviations requests for rushed deliveries. Work closely with planning and manufacturing to determine realistic shipping dates. Clearly communicate updated order acknowledgment to customer and updated internal systems as needed.
- Captures inter-company complaints and tracks in accordance with established practices and procedures. Works to ensure timely feedback to customer.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers to coordinate internal information requests, technical information and quotes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of related customer service, sales or account management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong teamwork and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on details and enter data into computers systems quickly and accurately.
- Able to work independently or as member of a team; must be organized and meet deadlines in stressful situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Works well with people across the organization to gather information, make decisions, and recommendations to drive improvement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience with ERP and business applications.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: