COME WORK FOR US!!!
The Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) is a multi-billion dollar global retail organization providing retail stores and services on Navy Bases around the world.
We are seeking a Full-Time Supervisory Sales Clerk: Lawn & Garden to join our team located at Naval Weapons Station, Goose Creek, SC.
This is a federal government position and benefits include, but not limited to, Medical Insurance, (NEX pays 70% of medical premium) Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Matching 401K, Paid annual leave and sick leave, Pension Plan, and more.
Supervises associates engaged in selling, stocking, and merchandising a variety of retail and/or services items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides work direction and supervision for a group of associates within assigned departments/location engaged in performing various clerical, retail and services functions.
- Prepares work schedules; makes assignments and reassignments depending on workload; provides on-the-job training, orientation and instructions on new procedures; provides guidance and assistance to subordinates in connection with problems encountered.
- Reviews work of subordinates; accomplishes performance appraisals; approves/ disapproves leave; recommends personnel actions such as promotions, performance awards; and takes disciplinary actions.
- Promotes employee morale and attempts to resolve employee relations problems. Carries out EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to subordinates.
- Ensures timely stock replenishment of merchandise within assigned areas of responsibility. Maintains inventory in accordance with prescribed levels.
- Supervises and participates in the taking of periodic inventories and ensures adherence to correct procedures for the receipt, pricing and storage of merchandise.
- Responsible for the security of cash, fixed assets and merchandise inventory.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of assigned merchandise departments within the main retail store or service departments.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of stock control records and adequate levels of merchandise by entering data into the computer through the use of an automated equipment or by maintaining unit merchandise controls, never-out lists and other required records.
- As required, develops reports and requisitions authorized merchandise based on records of maintained inventories and other factors affecting the maintenance of stock levels.
- Determines available shelf space and amounts of merchandise to be displayed. Assures prices are marked on individual items and that displays are safely and neatly arranged.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures for the security of cash and stock. Assures areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensures that NES customer service standards are maintained.
- When serving in a uniform center/shop within the retail store, may be required to take upper and lower body measurements for the purpose of ordering made-to-measure uniforms in conformance with military specifications and customer requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, which may include preparing and processing retail and services accounting documents, identifying and researching discrepancies in accounting documents or transactions, cash collection and processing, timecard maintenance, preparing routine correspondence, etc.
- Is required to lift up to 25 lbs as it relates to job duties including, but not limited to: assisting customers, lifting merchandise, assisting with stocking sales area as necessary, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
1 year responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
1 year progressively responsible experience in retail sales performing the kind of duties which constitute the principal work of the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE
Study completed in a college, university, or junior college above the high school level may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for 6 months of experience. At any level, specialized experience may be substituted for required general experience. Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have potential to develop the qualities of successful supervision.
Interested candidates please apply at www.navyexchange.jobs. Create a profile and apply to job #200002XP.
EEO & ADA COMPLIANT
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply