This candidate for this position should be a certified medical assistant or licensed nurse LPN or RN with a minimum of 1 year of medical primary care practice experience. The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work autonomously is critical for the ideal candidate. Experience in performing blood draws, EKG, and in-house testing is required. Hours are Monday-Friday (715-5 coordinate with a team member for opener/closer) with occasional Saturday 8-12 shifts.
Position Summary: Performs a variety of complex patient care and administrative activities, which may include laboratory tests, to assist the medical team, patients and staff. Assists in the delivery of physician-led primary health management and coordinated patient-centered care.
- Performs a variety of patient care and administrative activities to assist providers.
- Assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
- Participates in team huddles or other established team communication. Determine the patient’s health education needs at huddles and provider visits.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by taking the patient’s history and vital signs
- Evaluates clinical outcomes by reviewing clinical decision support tool on a regular basis and takes action per established primary team goals.
- Instructs patient in basic testing requirements (i.e PFTs, clean catch urines, and fingersticks)
- Supplies provider with necessary forms and information to accomplish visit
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments according to policy and procedure manual and/or as instructed.
- Cleans up exam and treatment and rooms after the patient encounter
- Set up for sterile procedures
- Enters vital signs into the patient’s chart
- Verify chief complaint
- Maintains and restock every exam room as needed
- Performs routine blood draws in the office
- Performs patient interviews as it pertains to the reason for the patient’s visit
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician
- Maintains the timely flow of patients
- Assists with clinical procedures done by providers in the office as needed
- Participates in QA activities
- Other relevant tasks and duties as assigned that are reasonably consistent with the above
Basic Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Maintains effective communication between management, providers, staff, and patients
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Adherence to office-specific policy and procedures
- Must maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in an efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to learn specific job-related software applications and other company-supported computer applications
- Experience with EMR applications: Athena preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Products
- Basic email and internet skills required
- Knowledge of primary care office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment procedures.
- Ability to react in emergent situations
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all OSHA and Safety guidelines.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited college preferred
- Experience: Preferred 2 years’ experience in a medical office practice or hospital setting. Experience in primary care practice preferred
- Certificate/License: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant, LPN, RN, CPR required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The working conditions and physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job requires the full range of motion and manual hand-eye coordination in addition to finger dexterity. It may require extended periods of sitting, data entry; frequently requires standing and walking; assistance with patient transfers as needed. Attention to detail and prompt, consistent attendance required; may occasionally require lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Reliable transportation is required. Requires corrected vision and hearing of normal levels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working hours consist of 40 hours per week but may occasionally require more.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $60,000.00 /hour
Nursing Clinical Setting: