Lead high potential customers through an IT Modernization journey with Azure.
The Azure Architect is focused on supporting the execution of our Azure Public Cloud go to market strategy across their defined account base and then is responsible for helping guide those customers to modernize their IT Infrastructure with Azure. This includes both customers new to Azure and those intending on expanding their use of the Azure platform.
As our Senior Dev Ops Architect, you’ll drive:
1. Presale Thought leadership – The Solution Architect will bring a combination of hands-on experience, expert-level accreditation and a demonstrable passion for DevOps concepts as well as the enabling products and services. As a customer-facing ambassador of Softchoice, the SA will help to build and nurture our public cloud business through education and evangelizing the possibilities of DevOps to clients that are already utilizing or will be utilizing public cloud solutions in Azure.
2. Setup Delivery excellence – DevOps is not a framework or a workflow. It's a culture that is overtaking the business world. DevOps ensures collaboration and communication between software engineers (Dev) and IT operations (Ops). With DevOps, changes make it to production faster. Resources are easier to share. And large-scale systems are easier to manage and maintain. The DevOps Solutions Architect will be responsible for scoping and proposing DevOps consulting services to our clients. Aligning our delivery standards to the client needs during presales will ensure that our clients’ experiences are of the highest quality and consistency. The Solutions Architect will play a key role in the envisioning and development of new service offerings and continuously improving our current offerings to stay in line with the pace of change in public cloud by providing field feedback on the needs of our clients to the practice leadership team.
3. Mentorship – The DevOps Solutions Architect will invest in and be accountable for the growth and development of client opportunities by executing on the successful selling of DevOps service offerings. The Solutions Architect will also be tasked with helping to enable their peers to learn and sell DevOps services through support and mentorship of their peers:
a. Solution architects
b. Hybrid IT Sales Executives
c. Sales team members
4. Growth – The Solutions Architect will have a shared responsibility for the growth of the overall DevOps and Public Cloud practice at Softchoice and will demonstrate this by supporting presales activities and marketing event content creation and delivery.
This is an important and high-profile senior role within Softchoice. If you think you have what it takes to lead our Public Cloud DevOps client engagements, we want to hear from you!”
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
Strong understanding of Azure services pricing models and cloud budgeting and cost management
Strong understanding of Azure services technical benefits and use cases
Ability to structure and execute roadmap discussions with customers
Enthusiasm and passion for cloud technologies
Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
5 years in either a Microsoft specialist or technical presales role
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Creative and strategic thinker with strong presentation skills
Strong analytical skills to simplify the complex
Ability to create customer proposals that clearly communicates the customer needs and how our solution will fulfill the needs
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
Meaningful work that drives professional development
Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
Being part of a winning, high performance team
Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
- Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
- Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.