Posting Date Jun 10, 2018
Job Number 18001B6H
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Finance Business Partner group for Information Technology (FBP iT), the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will play an integral role in providing “what if” financial analysis support that enables iT leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. She/he will provide analytical support to iT staff, Finance Business Partners, HQ and Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on key valuation issues for iT projects, programs and initiatives including: evaluation of potential new iT projects; analyzing cost and recovery objectives as reflected in budgets and long range plans; and providing return on investment analysis to assess iT business initiatives; and developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor business performance to provide indicators of business changes and/or risks.
The Senior Manager will lead and/or support complex projects, participate in setting scope of projects, serve as a primary interface with business partners, and contribute to the review of the work of more junior staff.
- Partner with iT Plan and Build leaders to manage the financial performance of Marriott’s iT initiative portfolio, including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, procurement, financial reporting and analysis.
- Lead the finance related activities for the development and implementation of new programs, services and initiatives in iT to include developing moderately complex activity-based cost models and recovery analyses and analyses of funding approaches that are in compliance with management and franchise agreements:
Lead the development of business cases and/or develop fully documented, accurate cost and funding models for proposed projects.
Help determine funding approaches/recommendations compliant with management and franchise agreements. Work with the business and/or other internal groups to provide financial support and analysis of proposed projects. Develop an understanding of business needs and long term impacts of project decisions to highlight potential risk for management review.
Lead the development of recommendations and presentations for Program & Services Agreement Compliance (PSAC) Advisory Committee approval.
Engage relevant Global Finance groups to operationalize new programs, services and initiatives (e.g., new department set up, development of supplemental budgets, etc.)
Perform other analyses as required.
- Lead return on investment analyses on iT’s initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Develop/enhance tools to provide analyses on Labor Rates. Provide recommendations to optimize performance and drive profitability.
KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Strong desire to work on teams as the junior member is critical
- Exceptional communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- MBA with a concentration in Finance/Accounting, strongly preferred
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.