The Security Automation Engineer is responsible for enabling the NBC Universal Cyber Security Operation’ internal teams to protect our networks, systems, and data using industry leading technology to combat advanced attackers. This role will work with stakeholders directly and assist them in planning and building defensive, highly-customized security playbooks using our SOAR platform. This role is highly detail oriented and will require hands-on knowledge of programming languages, APIs and integrations. This security engineering professional role is responsible for Planning, Design, Testing, Deployment/Implementation, Break/Fix, of complex security systems to fulfill our business needs. The Security Automation Engineer must be able to create automations as well as plan and execute roadmap strategies.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Security Automations for the Response Operations Center as well as other Cyber Security Operations teams.
- Create detailed technical process documentation
- Manage and lead projects with direct stakeholder interaction
- Work with strategic stakeholders to prioritize development work and plan sprints and product releases
- Review API documentation and connect third-party services to the SOAR platform
- Provide architectural support for deployment and configuration for the new technology investments
- Integrate the SOAR with other security products to create a functioning ecosystem of interconnected technology
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in combatting advanced persistent threats; including tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attackers and tools and processes for forensics and incident response
- Become an integrated member of our teams to understand workflows, processes and appropriately develop automation techniques to streamline and enhance capabilities
- 2+ years in a security automation development environment
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a segment of network security: ie, SOC Analyst, SOC Engineer, Incident Responder, Incident Handler
- Working knowledge of version control systems like GIT
- Familiarity with at least one query language like SQL, MySQL, SPL, etc.
- Experience working with REST and other third-party API integrations
- General understanding of security infrastructure and related technologies (proxies, firewalls, email filtering technologies, and network intrusion detection systems)
- Experience with virtualized environments like VMWare or VirtualBox
- Experience with cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Ability to use ticketing systems like ServiceNow and JIRA
- Experience and knowledge of network protocols, packet flow, TCP and UDP traffic
- Experience with Cortex XSOAR or similar SOAR security products, highly desired
- SOC analyst or consulting experience, highly desired
- Experience configuring, managing, and using SOAR products, highly desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Ability to handle multiple projects with limited oversight from project managers
- Ability to build strong client relationships and to interact effectively at all levels of the Cyber Security Operations organization, including senior executives
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
See List Below
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.