Extended Job Title
Correctional Nurse -UT Rev
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691101 - TDCJ Offsite Care Services
Employees in this classification perform technical and administrative work required to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of medical claims submitted for health services provided for inmates. Provides technical guidance to subordinate utilization review staff and other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Uses approved guidelines and criteria to perform review activities assuring proper utilization of referrals , admissions, discharges, and transfers of hospitalized inmates
Acts as liaison with physicians, unit health services staff, hospital personnel and other professionals at the local level.
Monitors and coordinates admissions, discharges, and transfers of hospitalized inmates.
Monitors and Coordinates transfers to RMF from units.
Identifies areas of potential liability or quality care issues when arises during review.
Takes appropriate action when established criteria for services are not met to assure any denials or excessive expenses are reviewed
Maintains and monitors electronic medical data, i.e. clinic notes, diagnostic study results, appointment dates, et
Intervenes to assure urgent referrals are scheduled.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
Minimum of three years as RN in a critical care area. Two to three years experience with utilization/case management and medical audits. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Special licenses, registrations, or certificates: Current RN licenses.
Easily understood and is able to communicate effectively.
Computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, and data entry of minimal 40 wpm.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
TDCJ Offsite Care Services
and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
- And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
* Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer current R.N. license to Texas. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * None