Contributes to increased sales by servicing customer needs, managing customer expectations, and identifying and responding to buying signals to close opportunities. Proactively seeks new business and supports the outside sales force to ensure delivery of best-in-class service.
I. Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Provide timely price quotations for distributors and other prospective cable and connectivity buyers.
- Provide the sales team (outbound inside sales, outside sales force and sales engineers) with necessary information for effective customer proposals;
- Review, audit, and process purchase orders.
- Respond to customer inquiries about product capabilities and demonstrate value proposition of OCC including but not limited to features and benefits of products.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries regarding order/shipping status, change orders, and expedite requests; provide freight estimates and coordinate 3rd party shipping method for international accounts.
- Research traceability and issue return merchandise authorizations (RMA’s) and repair and restoration (RR) approvals for damaged product; use information to find opportunities to grow business and to develop possible leads for business development and outside sales to call on for RR business opportunities.
- Issue competitive quotations for repair and restoration business and upsell for additional services and products. Track incoming product to ensure evaluation is done in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison between planning, production, and customers regarding fluctuation in production capacity and rescheduling.
- Manage customer complaints and issues by servicing the customer directly or by involving the proper resources for a satisfactory resolution.
- Work in a team environment; coordinate efforts with outside sales team, business development, and marketing to ensure projects are awarded; regularly and consistently follows up with all parties involved to ensure sales are closed and service provided.
- Quote and conduct follow-up in a proactive, accurate and efficient manner.
II. Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer requests/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Organizational Responsibility: Services customer inquiries, coordinates sales efforts with other team members; work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Communication: Regular communications with customers, prospective customers and other sales team members. Frequent communication with supporting departments including Shipping, Engineering, Finance, Quality & Manufacturing.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality must be maintained as it relates to customer service and customer accounts
- Financial Responsibility: Provide accurate quotations, audit incoming orders for accuracy, make decisions in the best interest of OCC.
- Judgment: Expected to use independent judgment and to seek assistance as directed; errors could directly impact the customer relationship and the sales generated
- Compliance: Responsible for complying with internal guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations, including ISO and SOX
- Travel: Minimal or infrequent travel into assigned territory.
Associates degree in applicable field or equivalent and appropriate sales and customer service experience
1-2 years experience (Bachelor’s degree desirable and may substitute for 2 years of experience)
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration:
Other Minimum Qualifications:Demonstrated ability to:
Use intermediate computer skills with a familiarity and skill in several software packages such as MS Word and MS Excel.
Use a CRM (customer relationship management system) effectively and proactively.
Present information over the phone regarding features and benefits of technical product.
Communicate effectively when handling customer inquiries and issues, orally and written.
Read and follow basic instructions, understand and implement quality procedures.
Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately
Recognize, record, and help resolve customer issues.
Organize, complete tasks and manage time in an efficient manner.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
Upon completion of orientation, should be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the fiber optic cable, enterprise connectivity and applied interconnect systems through presentations to prospects and customers.
This is a sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer use and requires an individual with hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management staff and employees. The nature of this work and constant personal interactions involved require that an individual possesses significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.