Time & Alarm Systems is an industry leader in the integration and implementation of Low Voltage Systems including Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV, Access Control, Intercom/Mass Notification, Computer Networking and Audio-Visual Systems for the K-12, Military/Govt. markets in Southern California. We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for a self-motivated, highly professional, IT Network Administrator. This position offers the right person a chance to excel in their professional field, while having the opportunity to earn a competitive salary. This position offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance, and a 401k plan.
The successful candidate must be detail oriented and willing to work in multiple areas of the business as it pertains to IT.
- Network configuration and programming for new deployments.
- Maintain Network Environment.
- Maintain Server/System Backups.
- Assist with training field technicians on the IP portions of our products.
- Be a resource to Sales Engineers as well as attend sales calls or customer demos to answer technical questions that may come up.
- Have a strong understanding of IP Networks in as a whole.
- Have a strong understanding of a network topology including WANs, LANs and VLANS.
- Have a strong understanding of IP Addressing schemes and all of their components including subnets and how subnet masks work and gateway addresses.
- Have a strong understanding of how VLANs and Subnet networks work and the differences between them.
- Have a strong understanding of firewalls, both hardware and software.
- Have a strong understanding of TCP, UDP, ICMP, NTP ports and protocols and how they interact.
- Be proficient in Cisco hardware and programming. Being certified in Cisco programming is a plus but not necessary.
- Have a strong understanding of Desktop Computers, Windows 10 and Office.
- Have a strong understanding of Server 2016 and Exchange 2016.
- Be very personable, friendly with good communication skills.
More Information on Position:
- Full Time Position
- Benefits provided after Completion of Probation
- Pay based upon Experience
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing and office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Travel: Occasional local travel may be required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 1 year (Required)