Construction Project Manager
Have experience in the Construction Industry? Want to work with a well-respected organization where you can thrive? Want to be part of a collaborative team?
Louis Ptak Construction has a perfect opportunity for you.
Louis Ptak Construction has been building exceptional projects throughout Northern California since 1998 working as General Contractors and Carpentry Subcontractors. Our portfolio includes some of the largest and most well-known private residential estates, as well as an award-winning commercial building in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Compensation and Benefits
Attractive compensation package including 401K, health/dental/vision, holiday/vacation/sick pay
Project Manager Job Summary
- Ownership of all aspects of the project from pre-construction through closeout and beyond
- Establish and manage the administrative requirements of a project in conformance with Project Management Procedures.
- Review, understand, and comply with all the requirements of the contract between owner and contractor.
- Review and understand the Project Estimate; develop and manage cost control and document control procedures for each project.
- Responsible and accountable for Total Project Delivery, including project costs, scheduling, client relationships, and profitability.
- Responsible and accountable for day-to-day contact and coordination with project owner, and design team. Meet regularly with client and designers to ensure ongoing satisfaction.
- Perform subcontractor bidding and negotiations as appropriate and under the direction of a Project Executive/Senior Project Manager.
- Control and anticipate project costs. Prepare monthly total cost projections and review with direct report each month.
- Collaborate with Superintendent to manage construction process. Regularly walk the project to review performance. Take appropriate and timely action to remedy any deficiencies. Bring all field issues to the attention of the Superintendent or Field Manager (as applicable).
- Perform estimating and value engineering as required by the project.
- Assure that subcontractors comply with insurance and bonding requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for timely and accurate submittal of progress billings and to ensure timely collection of funds from the project Owner. Review and report on status of monthly progress billings and status of owner payments with direct report at least monthly
- Responsible and accountable for timely project close-out
Competencies and Experience
- 5 years construction industry experience
- Excellent organization, communication, coordination and prioritization
- High-end custom residential home building experience highly desired
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents (drawings; specifications; geotechnical reports; etc)
- Ability to formulate job schedules and forecast for potential delays
- Familiarity with Procontractor (or similar Project Management/Accounting Software), Plangrid, Bluebeam and MS Project preferred
- Strong, proactive management skills to oversee project team including client, design professionals, subcontractors and corporate staff to ensure completion of project on time and on budget
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
If this opportunity excites you, send your résumé.
This is a full-time position. Job sites are often outside of the local area and significant commuting times may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location