Southland Holdings, LLC is seeking to recruit an experienced, committed, competent, career minded Lead Estimatorsto be part of our growing estimating team. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic and desires to be part of a skilled team. This position is based out of our corporate offices in North Fort Worth/Roanoke, TX.
Responsibilities of this Lead Estimator role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required, review/incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project to meet affirmative action requirements and DBE requirements, review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to production team, advise on major changes in scope of work.
- Monitor actual cost to estimated cost. Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project. Search and analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction. Understand best value approach to winning new work
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid. Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution or related experience as Sr. Estimator 5-10 years of Bridge/Marine/Heavy Civil estimating, Lead Estimator 15 + years of experience, Alternate pursuit delivery preferred (Design Build, CMAR, P3,CMGC).
*Post offer drug screen required
5-10/15+ years Bridge/Marine/Heavy Civil estimating experience (Depending on position applying for). Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid software a plus, Prove track record of estimating 100,000,000+ projects
*Full-Time employee benefits – Competitive pay, Health/Dental/Vision & 401K Match. Relocation, Car allowance, bonus potential.
For more than 85 years, hard-working, honest, innovative people have been building what has become SOUTHLAND HOLDINGS. We combine the strengths of four companies who share a dedication to building critical infrastructure projects which improve the environment and lives of those around us.
Southland Holdings is an EEO employer - M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- civil infrastructure: 1 year (Required)
- construction estimating: 1 year (Required)
- Bridge/Marine/Heavy Civil estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- review proposal specifications, drawings: 1 year (Required)