Receptionist –This Per Diem position at the Olympic PhysiciansClinicworking variable day shifts.The OP receptionist greets and provides assistance to clinic patients, clients and visitors in person and via telephone. Maintains a service-oriented, patients first environment by anticipating patient, provider, and co-worker needs and serving each customer in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Maintains a welcoming, calm and professional environment in the clinic at all times.
- 2. Performs a variety of reception and administrative duties while assuring patients and guests are greeted promptly and courteously and showing sensitivity to their needs: schedules patients for visits, schedules and assists with interpreter services, assists patients in completing paperwork, enters accurate patient/insurance information in computer database, notifies appropriate staff when patient is ready, provides information to patient regarding defined policies and procedures, uses the page system to relay codes and notify the correct charge person of emergencies, maintains a presentable waiting room area.
- 3. Answers incoming calls in a timely and professional manner; handles or reroutes calls as appropriate to ensure customer needs are met as efficiently as possible.
- 4. Logs all payments on cash sheet and balance at end of day. Reconciles copies and compiles checks, cash and original credit card slips. Prepares and reconciles daily deposit for transmittal to the MGH Business Office.
- 5. Maintains waiting rooms and work spaces in good order.
- 6. Works collaboratively with team members within the clinic and with co-workers at other clinics and within the hospital. Participates in organizational engagement/quality/process improvement activities. Assists in the training of new employees or students, following established standards.
7. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One (1) year of clerical and customer service experience.
3. Medical office experience or related training preferred.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations