Robotics & Control Engineer
Location: In office & Remote
City and State: Torrance, Ca
Desired Class Level(s): Undergraduate--Senior; Graduate/Masters Student, Alumni
Degree(s): Electrcical Engineering, Mechatronics Science or Computer Science
Valid Work Authorization: Yes.
Compensation: Hourly Contract and Varying Equity shares.
Potential long-term career opportunities.
GreenSTOP Robotics & Control Engineer
GreenSTOP INC is a revolutionary technology company in the world's fastest emerging market. GreenSTOP's patented technology will disrupt an entire industry. Our organization is looking for a passionate Electrical Robotics Engineer for our in-house team. At GreenSTOP, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to help shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of customers every day. GreenSTOP’s Engineering team is looking for an Electrical Robotics Engineer to design, develop, manufacture, assemble and deploy products.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in industrial automation, with a focus on PLC systems, communications architecture, and integration with robotics and databases. This person must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and factory managers. The successful candidate will have knowledge in manufacturing assembly systems, a deep understanding of mechatronics, as well as exceptional interpersonal, organizational and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
This opportunity offers equity and an experience that will be priceless. Our team is working with celebrities and elite investors in our industry. The GreenSTOP Electric Robotics Engineer will receive invaluable experience in business and technology development. At GreenSTOP we provide a learning experience in teamwork, entrepreneurship, leadership, research/development, vision, confidence, and strategy.
- Generate aesthetic HMI screens for complex machinery that provide sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Generate PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable, and reusable using existing programming standards.
- Provide feedback and experience in equipment design& manufacturing reviews
- Participate in conversations with production staff on Automation & Control related topics and issues.
- Assist with projects and installations with regard to control systems for production equipment.
- Assist production in continuous process optimization of automated lines.
- Support maintenance and sustaining teams in troubleshooting difficult equipment failures.
- Generate, modify, and approve electrical schematics created in house or external to GreenSTOP.
- Develop maintenance documentation, training programs, and lead this training.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution.
- Assist in risk assessments and implement findings.
- Maintain and improve programming standards for PLC and automated systems.
- Responsible for backing up and maintaining equipment programs.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time and uptime.
- Debug and implement corrective actions for breakdowns and chronic equipment failure.
- Act as liaison to IT department for Manufacturing Execution Systems during development and implementation.
- Participate in supplier and equipment buyoffs.
- Have flexible schedule allowing for weekend and on call work schedules.
- Be competent and familiar with Fanuc robot programming and/or integration with external control systems.
- BS/MS Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent Engineering Degree – Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on Automation & Control Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Must be proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration. Allen-Bradley platforms (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix) required. Siemens, Beckhoff is a plus.
- Must be proficient in HMI programming, troubleshooting, and configuration. Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View & Ignition SCADA required.
- Must be proficient in Python, equivalent High-Level programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with robot programming (fanuc), backup, and restoration.
- Experience with SQL, scripting, creating various reports, and utilization of database tools.
- Experience with vision systems (Cognex, Datalogic, Fanuc Vision)
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for developing electrical schematics.
- Experience deploying equipment to high volume manufacturing.
- Knowledge of production quality metrics and LEAN methodology.
- Experience presenting technical programs with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Linux and Embedded control systems is a plus.
Learn more at www.GreenSTOP.us
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $50.00 per hour
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift
- On call