Systems Administrator (with cloud skills)
OM Group is a fast-growing Microsoft Azure and AWS Partner delivering full-stack cloud services for Federal & DoD clients. Our fast-growing cloud migration and management team is seeking an experienced System Administrator with Azure Experience to deliver IT excellence and to work on Cloud Migration and Management services – to include provide recommendations regarding appropriate cloud services; implement the solutions; and support cloud management & monitoring. The position will be based in Reston, VA
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Able to manage Azure subscriptions and resources; implement and manage storage; deploy and manage virtual machines; configure and manage virtual networks; and manage identities.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Group Policy, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Familiarity with application, desktop and/or server virtualization
- Knowledge of VBScript, Jscript, PerlScript or Powershell
- Plan, install, configure, patch, and troubleshoot issues on the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services on Azure
- Troubleshoot network and security stack infrastructure such as WAFs, Firewall rules, network security groups, Virtual Networks, Subnets, Azure ExpressRoute, and AWS DirectConnect
- Manage & monitor cloud-based infrastructure, security, and application environments.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- 3 to 4 years of system administration experience in Windows environment
- 2 years of hands on experience with Azure Cloud Services preferred
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with O&M activities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals including technical and non-technical staff, and IT leadership
- Fundamental understanding & Implementation experience with Azure PaaS & IaaS service offerings, cloud security and monitoring features & services.
- Knowledge of GovCloud is helpful
- Certification: Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate or equivalent, CompTIA Security+
- Application hardening experience/understanding (i.e. application & development STIG) - preferable
- Prior experience supporting DoD – preferable
About OM Group
OM Group brings 16+ years of experience and successful track record in defining IT strategy and implementing complex enterprise software systems for commercial and government entities. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certifications; and CMMI Level 3 for Services and Development (CMMI-DEV Level 3) appraisals. Our commitment to excellence has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several DoD agencies, including Army, Navy, US Army Reserve, Army Corps of Engineers and the National Guard Bureau.
Om Group provides competitive compensation and benefits including health insurance coverage, 401(k), paid time off, as well as support for continuous education and training. OM Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- System Administration: 3 years (Required)
- DOD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Required)
- Azure: 2 years (Required)
- Are you able to obtain a Security Clearance?
Security Clearance Required:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19