University Director of Health Science is accountable to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and/or designate, and is responsible for the quality and delivery of the School’s academic programs. This director will influence the professional growth and development of faculty and students while shaping the School’s success, growth and future. The University Director will work with industry leaders to ensure the School’s curriculum provides students with the industry skills that are most important and valuable. Proactive collaboration across campuses is expected in order to ensure consistency of program offerings and partnerships with the different schools. This person is an innovative thinker, with entrepreneurial drive, and possess interpersonal savvy and uncompromising commitment to academic excellence, diversity in all its forms, and interdisciplinary team-work.
The University Director will provide academic leadership, development and the continued improvement of educational programs focusing on Health Sciences. This position will work in concert with Campus Deans, Campus program leadership, and University Administration in providing leadership and management for the Health Science Program. In addition, the University Director will assist the Campus Deans with the planning, organization and direction of the operation, staffing and budgeting needs of the School of Health Science in support of Stratford University’s goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with University Administration, peer institutions, the community and prospective students in the critical areas of recruitment, retention and placement.
- Foster an environment of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation while creating a shared vision for the School of Health Science.
- Develop the School of Health Science’s vision and goals reflecting the University’s mission.
- Initiate, plan and oversee implementation of all academic offerings in the School of Health Science with appropriate involvement of assigned faculty and staff.
- Ensure the University’s catalog is accurate, well-written and current, and assist in the preparation of all relevant University documents, including class schedules, brochures, with respect to the School of Health Science.
- Achieve and maintain specialized accreditations, as appropriate, as well as support institutional accreditation initiatives.
- Coordinate and direct the assessment, evaluation, review and implementation of innovative curriculum additions and revisions, course outlines, syllabi and textbook selection.
- Oversee and verify operational processes and procedures such as teaching assignments, classroom schedules and class changes.
- Champion the internationalization of the University by facilitating the exchange of students and faculty, and by strengthening global competencies in all students.
Management of People
- Provide full supervisory authority over faculty and staff assigned to the School of Health Science, developing a culture where faculty, staff and students exhibit professional standards consistent with industry standards.
- Oversee the hiring of School of Health Science faculty and staff in accordance with the University hiring process, and the accreditation requirements.
- Utilize University policy and procedure to resolve faculty and staff grievances, concerns and problems within the School of Health Science within the context of the University’s Office of Human Resources.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise, and if needed discipline faculty and coordinate, as needed, with assigned faculty and other University personnel in the School of Health Science.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective motivation strategies for faculty and staff.
Management of Program
- Perform complex assignments to fulfill responsibilities related to program review, curriculum development, coordination of faculty teaching schedules, synchronization of class activities across all campuses, and efficient use of instructional space.
- Develop effective methods and procedures for improving the quality, image and effectiveness of the Health Science.
- Lead and coordinate the planning, enhancement and development of the Health Science
- Collaborate with the Innovation Office to develop new and modify existing programs to promote student learning outcomes and program effectiveness.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new curricula and programs.
- Maintain an inventory of current course syllabi and monitor the development of new and revised syllabi.
- Responsible for the recommendation and development of new courses, workshops and certificate programs for the School of Health Science based on enrollment data analysis, market trends and community assessment.
Management of Student Engagement
- Provide leadership in establishing and maintaining processes and methods for the School of Health Science, programs and student performance measurements, and assist in the acquisition and analysis of performance and assessment data.
- Ensure that class schedules and curriculums meet students’ needs, while at the same time being fiscally responsible and efficient.
- Support the exploration and innovation of scheduling improvements, use of learning modalities, delivery methods, flexible learning schedules, distance learning and classroom technologies.
- Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and/or designate, Local Campus Deans, and University President.
Management of Externships
- Build an extensive set of relationships with businesses, government organizations, colleges, universities, and other enterprises to significantly grow enrollments as a result of these partnerships.
- Identify, forge and develop new partnerships for externships and student placement upon graduation.
- Facilitate the development of industry specific externship opportunities that matches our undergraduates with alumni and active employers for short-term job shadowing and mentoring experiences.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Ability to foster and support innovation and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with and promote diverse populations
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be an articulate and enthusiastic communicator.
- Ability to foster an environment that will generate and maintain a positive moral and develop trust, confidence, and a positive working environment.
- Ability to motivate faculty to engage in new and current initiatives and positive academic change.
- Foster an environment of collaboration that meets industry standards.
Required Education and Experience:
- Earned Doctorate and leadership experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is mandatory.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in collaborative management and leadership in higher education administration.
- Five or more years of industry, field experience.
- Three or more years of experience as an instructor and/or administrator in an academic setting.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the University.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must work well with employees at all levels of the University, in addition to students and other customers.
- Must be able to hand situations with tact, persuasiveness and diplomacy.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel, both to local campuses and to our international campuses is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
Stratford University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“Changing Lives…One Student at a Time”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
- ABHES: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health Sciences Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Academic Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Instructor: 3 years (Preferred)