Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:
OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Plant Operator within our Permian EOR Plants Business Unit.
Monitoring equipment, making adjustments to process controls, taking routine readings, performing preventive and minor maintenance, troubleshooting operational problems, performing lab tests, and handling paperwork associated with regulatory permitting in order to improve plant system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
- At least High School grad or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
- Ability to work 12 hour, rotating shifts
- Basic knowledge of plant processes
- Ability to follow written operating procedures
- Basic knowledge of OSHA 1910.119
- Capable of performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs on all required plant equipment
- Ability to efficiently and effectively monitor plant equipment and make adjustments to processes and controls
- Ability to troubleshoot operational problems
- Ability to handle upsets, startups, and shutdowns of plant systems and processes
- Knowledge of DCS systems (Delta V, Honeywell, and Wonderware)
- Ability to perform lab tests such as cooling tower, Boiler, R/O unit, and SRU chemical tests
- Good computer skills, along with ability to input data into CMMS system (Maximo)
- Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status