The Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC) is the first-ever 501(c)3 public-private partnership created with the sole objective of advancing medical device regulatory science for patient benefit. As a membership-based organization, MDIC brings together representatives of the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
(CMS), industry, non-profits, and patient organizations to improve the processes for development, assessment, and review of new medical technologies. Our work is unique and complementary to trade associations such as the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) and the Medical Device
Manufacturers Association (MDMA). Members of MDIC share a vision of providing U.S. patients with timely access to high-quality, safe, and effective medical devices.
In September 2016, the FDA awarded a grant for the National Evaluation System for health Technology
Coordinating Center (NESTcc) to MDIC. The mission of NESTcc is to accelerate the development and translation of new and safe health technologies, leveraging Real-World Evidence (RWE) and innovative research. Stakeholders across the medical device ecosystem stand to benefit from improved use of
RWE generated in the routine course of care.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the NESTcc Executive
Director and up to two additional members of the NESTcc senior staff. This includes administrative support for travel and events; correspondence; material development, production, and distribution; record maintenance; and meeting scheduling.
The individual must have strong communications skills and experience supporting meetings and events, and be technically adept with administrative IT tools such as the Microsoft Office product suite. The person must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to take appropriate initiative. The person must be able to work well in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment. This position will have exposure to national leaders in academic and regulatory institutions, patient organizations, and the medical device industry.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Provide detailed calendar management, scheduling support, and general administrative support for the NESTcc Executive Director, including correspondence, travel, meeting materials, and expense reporting
- Prepare the necessary information to support the Executive Director for internal and external meetings, including all logistics information
- Manage travel arrangements and reimbursements, including transportation (domestic and international) and accommodation
- Collaborate with external stakeholders regarding meeting logistics, presentation invitations, and meeting preparation
- Proof and finalize correspondence and documents on behalf of the Executive Director
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a highly professional manner
- Monitor all email communications and the calendar for the Executive Director, exercising judgment to forward messages to the appropriate staff person as needed to transmit decisions, instructions, and requests
- Provide additional support to the Executive Director as needed
- Provide support for up to two additional members of the NESTcc senior staff team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting C-level executives, including Board-reporting relationships, or equivalent experience
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Experience supporting the development of processes and materials for broad business initiatives
- Ability to follow an expense policy in alignment with federal funding requirements—prior experience working with federal funding is preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, discretion, and judgment in dealing with confidential, sensitive, and controversial issues in all aspects of work
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability and comfort to interact professionally with staff, board members, and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience identifying and coordinating relationships with professional services vendors/consultants
- Ability to follow up and follow through on actions as necessary
- Professional experience in MedTech or Life Science industry preferred
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as a team within a dynamic, startup work environment
- Interest in the medical device industry with a willingness to engage in continuous learning and professional and personal growth
- Interest in working and engaging with different stakeholder groups
- Experience with a variety of web-based tools (e.g., Salesforce, RingCentral, Box.com, Expensify,
Zoom) and ability to adapt to new collaborative technologies as they become available
- Self-motivated, self-directed and a quick learner
- Experience working with virtual teams is a plus
- Some minimal local travel might be required
- Self-directed team-player with a sense of humor
- The employee will report to the NESTcc Executive Director.
- This employee will work closely with the full NESTcc team, including the Executive Assistant supporting additional NESTcc senior staff.
NOTE: This scope of services is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual may be asked to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Executive Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- What are you minimum salary requirements and how many years of experience do you have?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave