The major responsibility of the Store Manager is to drive profitable sales growth through the delivery of outstanding patient experience. Lead team in a positive and productive environment, modeling exemplary patient care. Develop and maintain outstanding associate and doctor satisfaction and retention.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Drive profitable store sales by fostering a patient focused retail culture.
- Attainment of plan sales goal and comp store sales growth.
- Positive comp store contribution (year-on-year improvement).
- Manage payroll cost effectively, in accordance with Company standards
- Manage gross margin, in accordance with Company standards
- Effectively train and develop associates to consistently provide a patient care focused experience.
- Develop team of administratively skilled associates that provide support on daily operational tasks.
- Develop strong professional relationships with Doctors.
- Ensure appropriate coverage and quality of Doctor hours.
- Implementation of initiatives to increase number or exams and conversion of exams to sales.
- Participate in business planning and business updates.
- Accountable for the recruitment, training, development, and retention of high performing associates, as measured by:
- Selection of brand right associates who demonstrate desired patient care behaviors
- Effective and consistent associate On Boarding
- Utilization of effective daily practice and role-playing
- Employee satisfaction through two-way communication
- Proactive manpower planning for adequate bench strength
- Ensuring positive patient satisfaction, as measured by patient retention and survey responses.
- Ensure each store is effectively merchandised and presented according to standards as measured by:
- Execution of planogram
- Execution of visual appearance inside and outside of store (i.e., signage)
- Maintenance of overall standards (i.e. cleanliness, housekeeping)
- Associates exhibit professional presentation (i.e., attire) in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure high quality through customer follow-up, accurate measurements, correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic service delivery time quote as measured by:
- Ready when promised
- Remake and return percent as compared to Company average
- Calls to customers to follow-up on purchases
- Maximize Managed Vision Care relationships and sales opportunities.
- Timely implementation of approved Marketing programs
- Execution of signage and promotions according to Company standards.
- Execution of operational procedures:
- Safety (security system, safety information posted, fire extinguishers, door locks)
- Maintenance as measured by proper housekeeping, carpet, store front windows, proper lighting, and store safety (safety information posted, fire extinguishers and door locks)
- Proven track record of sales growth through sales skills and accountability for sales results.
- Ability to train (through practice and role-play), coach, and develop excellent patient focused, and sales and results-oriented associates.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an outstanding experience during direct interaction with patients.
- Ability to recruit and select associates and doctors.
- Proven experience and results with a retail or customer service establishment.
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to opportunities to grow the business.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Foster positive and results-oriented associate and doctor relationships.
- Success in store merchandising and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and flexibility.
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Abilities to multi-task and delegate to maximize patient interaction.
- Computer experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree or comparable experience in retail operations.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.