Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field. Two to five years of experience with the following; Proficient with Windows based virus and root-kit removal tools, Checkpoint firewall administration, Windows Server administration, Network administration in a mixed server environment, Network and application performance analysis, Light scripting abilities, Proficient with the tools required for security breach detection, remediation and analysis, and Infrastructure related project management. Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IOS technologies and hardware. Good customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and truth.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Prior experience providing information technology support in an educational setting. CompTIA Network+ and/or Security+ or other vendor certifications. Ability to interact well with students, faculty and staff. Able to communicate in Spanish.
Provide fundamental network infrastructure administrative duties and maintain network security. Perform preventive maintenance on multiple computer platform environments. Provide support and assist network technicians. Configure, maintain, and secure the College’s wireless network. Manage SAN/NAS drive assignments and mapping. Administrators must provide 24/7 coverage for the college’s systems.
Specific Job Duties
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot routers, gateways, firewalls, and other networking infrastructure for local area and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), including Internet connectivity.
- Train and provide troubleshooting procedures to helpdesk personnel for first-line network issues.
- Perform day-to-day administration of the college network infrastructure.
- Provide technical administration of Aruba wireless devices, wireless controller, and ClearPass system.
- Provide technical administration of user access and security utilizing Windows Active Directory, LADAP, and Radius
- Participation in 24×7 on-call support is required.
- Provide technical support to faculty and staff as needed.
- Provide support of Infrastructure & Client on campus wide infrastructure related projects such as building remodels, new construction and campus infrastructure expansion projects.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance and security issues.
- Reviews, communicates and takes action on security notifications, either from internal or external sources.
- Makes recommendations for upgrades in order to support new technology or user requests.
- Provides helpdesk support responding to escalated user-submitted tickets.