Smarter Systems is a Charlotte based Audio and Video Design Build Company. We are seeking a Lead Installation Technician for our Install Team. The Lead Installation Technician is responsible for field related operations, installing, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting Audio-Video-Control equipment. We are looking for someone to be based out of Columbia, South Carolina to help us with our northern SC work.
- Directs and manages all field related operations including assigned crews, both internal and external (sub-contractors).
- Ensures all equipment, programming and documentation needed for the project is obtained before arriving at the job site.
- Works with Project Manager to maintain accurate schedule, track progress and provide daily updates for project status.
- Works with the engineering staff for any design or programming needs.
- Ability to work with Control and DSP systems including loading code, troubleshooting and adjusting.
- Capable of effectively interacting with other construction trades, sub-contractors and end users.
- Responsible for system commissioning and all field related documentation.
- Good verbal and written communications skills necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of AV Installation practices & procedures.
- Cable Pulling, Rack Building, Signal Termination, System Calibration, System Testing.
- Final Commissioning experience a must.
- Digital Control System, DSP and IP-enabled Device Integration experience a must (examples: Crestron, BiAmp, Extron, etc.)
- Knowledge of Videoconferencing Systems required (Polycom, Cisco, Skype).
- Ability to read and use CAD/Blueprints and other design drawings.
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office.
- Infocomm Certifications helpful (examples: CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D). CTS-I preferred.
- Other Industry Certifications that are helpful (examples: DMC-E, DMC-T, SMART, RCDD, EST, CET, MCSE, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License with good Driving Record.
- Extended travel as much as 50%.
Job Type: Full-time
- Installation: 3 years (Required)