Federal Headhunters is a strategic business partner to the federal government, including prime and set-aside contractors. We provide flexible government employment and career opportunities at top federal agencies nationwide that you may never find through your own job search—across a wide range of professions. Our focus and dedication are placing government contractors in a wide variety of positions across the public and private sectors.
Federal Headhunters is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate to support our customer’s Warehouse in Ft. Sam Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to multi task exceptionally well. The candidate must be an organized, a highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in warehousing activities, forklifts with excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- Provide support for all furniture set up
- Re-configuration and area changes; while receiving and processing a variety of materials for furniture and work place support projects.
- Unload, segregate and verify furniture items for accuracy as reflected on accompanying documents.
- Exercise proper warehousing techniques to preclude breakage or damage to furniture support materials.
- Store stock in appropriate bins and/or storage location. Correct and update bin labels. Store and stack materials in accordance with established warehousing plan-- considering size, shape and quantity. Report shortages or damaged items to supervisor.
- Manage and support all methods of ergonomic furniture movement, general repairs and the use of materials and the tools needed to accomplish projected maintenance tasks.
- Conduct inventory of stock and submits replenishment requests to supervisor for review and reorder.
- Participate in warehouse operations and projects as either a truck driver or Forklift Operator as required.
- Schedule with numerous activities for modification of work orders and furniture arrangement request. As required due to the patient care mission and its priorities, the contract employee will need to infrequently work as required after duty hours or on weekends to ensure patient are and flow in not degraded during normal duty hours.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Associate's degree, vocational degree, or professional diploma/certifications is preferred.
- 2+ years warehouse/supply chain experience is preferred.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have experience working with computer systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Must have a clean driving record for the past 3 to 5 years and possess a current, valid driver's license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background and substance checks.
- Not required but a plus if you have experience with pickers, forklifts, reach trucks, and a current forklift license
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to be organized and on-time
- Time management skills
- Ability to correctly read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and 20 – 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, squatting, overhead lifting and walking.
Federal Headhunters is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)