Do you want to be a part of the most dynamic and diverse entertainment venue in Atlanta? If so, the Atlanta Hawks and Philips Arena team is for you! We are committed to growing our family with
genuine and fun people to host the best events downtown. No matter your experience, you will grow as a professional, be a part of the action, and make lasting memories for everyone.
PURPOSE (THE WHY): We exist to serve our customers by creating memorable experiences. We are searching for energetic individuals with a passion for serving, having fun, and creating smiles.
THE ROLE (THE HOW) : Our arena staff is the single most important factor of overall event satisfaction. You will play a critical role in the enjoyment our customers have by providing assistance, controlling access, and building relationships with customers and team members alike.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: As a SMILE Maker, you will greet, direct, and assist our guests in a variety of positions: concourse host, parking host, & seating host, just to name a few.
Communicating effectively and professionally with guests and team members will be paramount. Other important duties include
- Greeting with a smile, directing, and assisting guests
- Anticipating guest needs and concerns; being proactive
- Directing guests to seating sections as well as other attractions and amenities within Philips Arena
- Handling guest issues according to arena guidelines and code of conduct; writing incident
- reports in accordance to policy
- Consistently perform at an elevated level of service and possess competent judgment.
- Provide guest service recovery and/or surprise and delight guests with memorable moments
- Make people smile - use your personality and passion for service to create smiles in our arena
- Other duties as required to elevate levels of service
In addition to the above duties, the SMILE Maker must embrace and always model the SMILE attributes, some of which are below:
S- Southern Hospitality :
- Gives eye contact, smiles, warmly greets and says PLEASE and THANK YOU to guests
- at every interaction
- Offers to go above and beyond to make guest and teammates feel you are happy to
- see them
- Treats guests and team members as if they were a guest in your own home
- Always professional in appearance and behavior
M- Make a Moment :
- Actively engages with guests.
- Delivers elevated service to each guest, creating unforgettable memories
I- Individuals Matter :
- Takes ownership of a guest’s issue and follows it until completion
- Treats guests and teammates the way you would want to be treated
- Get to know what guests love and hate, and tailor service to their needs
L- Listen & Learn :
- Anticipates guest needs through active listening
- Gives feedback based on your interactions with guests
- Strives for continuous improvement
E- Empowerment :
- Asks questions when unsure of job duties
- Shares point of view when they see something that could be improved for guests or team members
- Keeps purpose of helping people have fun in a safe, clean environment top of mind
- 3+ years previous customer service experience preferred
- Must be poised, articulate, and comfortable when speaking with all guests
- Team player attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Great verbal and written communication skills; basic report writing skills necessary
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of guests in a friendly and positive manner
- Physical requirements include ability to stand 4-6 hours at a time and walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays; must be able to report to work no later than 5:30 for weekday events
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Apply online @: https://www.nba.com/hawks/employment-opportunities/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time