Senior Hardware Engineer Skilled at "MacGyversim"
STACATO LLC – Special Forces Funded Technology Startup Rockville, MD 20852
Why Work Here?
“ Chance to work with our nation’s elite special forces on wearable, Augmented Reality (AR), hearable solutions, innovate, grow, make a difference, flexible hours!”
Innovative technology startup that is redefining cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems for US Special Forces is seeking for a senior electronics hardware engineer. Audio and RF experience a plus! (No active clearance required.)
- Develop cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems.
- Plan and execute research activities on various communications and audio systems, innovate and solve technical problems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Solid electronic fundamentals for analog and digital hardware. Working knowledge of RF circuits.
- 5+ years of experience as a hardware engineer with in-depth knowledge and experience in Digital/Analog circuit design, along with electronics bring up/testing.
- 2+ years experience with schematic capture and layout, including creating schematic symbols and component footprints. Experience in management of the library is a plus.
- Self-starter ready to run and take-charge of product development and execution.
- Ability to improvise (a real MacGyver).
- Team player willing to coordinate and work with members and contractors alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
Specific Experience (Big Plus):
- Familiar with interfacing with analog audio components, including microphone and speaker, and conditioning (filtering, impedance match) of audio signals.
- Experience working on mainstream audio CODECs.
- Experience with interfacing with tactical radios.
- Familiar with digital audio signal (I2S, PCM, PDM).
- Familiar with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) and Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Experience using the Serial Wire Debug (SWD) port on microcontrollers.
- Experience designing battery-powered ultra-low power embedded systems.
- Experience with circuit design involving USB Hub and USB-OTG ports.
- Experience using Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, and Logic Analyzer.
- Experience with ARM family microcontrollers, esp. Microchip/Atmel’s SAM series or ST’s STM32 series and microprocessors.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, USART, RS-232 serial port circuitry.
- Experience in RF design for HF, VHF, UHF bands.
- Experience in Augmented Reality (AR) / Virtual Reality (VR) or XR design.
- Experience designing headsets.
- Experience designing wearable / hearable devices.
- Experience designing hearing aid / hearing protection devices.
- Experience developing or working on Linux/Android-based embedded systems.
- Experience developing and debugging prototypes in the lab.
- Experience working with manufacturing factories for low rate initial production (LRIP).
- Test fixture development on Windows or Linux platform.
- Experience in developing interface to test equipment and developing GUI-based testing programs.
- Programming abilities in C for embedded systems.
- Experience using mainstream code repository systems, such as Github / Bitbucket.
- Experience using issue management systems, such as Atlassian tools (Jira, etc.).
- Experience using Altium Designer tools.
If you have any extraneous projects you are particularly proud of in the related field please bring it up when contacting us!
About STACATO LLC “Detach & Attack”- Special Forces Funded Technology Startup:
Stacato’s vision is to enable our Nation’s most elite Special Forces Operators to detach from the wires and attack. Outfitting the elite operator with cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems. Stacato is a small boutique startup located in Rockville
Maryland fostering a fun, innovative and interactive atmosphere in our offices, a place where you could explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what you can be.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Rockville, MD 20852 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19