This position supports the General Services Administration (GSA) CAMEO program. The Karsun team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement (DM&E) and operation of selected GSA Federal Acquisition IT Systems. All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The GSA CAMEO program supports the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies. The Karsun software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of web applications supporting multiple Business Lines within GSA. Successful candidates are modern web development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team. Position location is in Herndon, VA.
An ideal candidate will be responsible for gathering and maintaining business/ system requirements for mid to large enterprise applications. Must have strong analytical and communications skills both in verbal and writing.
- Implement End-to-End Test Automation and Tools Strategies / Roadmaps, including performance and load testing
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e., make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Experience automating the decommission of automated tests (removing brittle tests) and determining when not to automate
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
- Implement all actions required to deploy an automated test solution, including mobilization and leading the creation of the automation framework at all layers of the application stack
- Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines in order to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment.
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- Geb / Spock
- jUnit, TestNG
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- XML, JSON
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Git, Mercurial, Subversion
- uBuild / uDeploy
- Experience working in adaptive methodologies like Agile and Scrum
- Knowledge of SOA, cloud and multi-tenant architectures
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
- Knowledge in management tools such as JIRA Platform, Serena Business Manager, HP Quality Center (QC) and/or ALM
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
- Experience in all or some of the following programming platform:
- Linux and Bash scripting
- Ruby, Python, PHP or Perl
- RESTful APIs/JSON.
- Mobile development
- Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.