Requisition Number 18-0133
Bi-Weekly Hours 80
Work Schedule rotating shifts
Position Summary and Qualifications Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Assess, plan and implement the patient care requirements and treatment necessary for cardiopulmonary bypass/ assistance before, during or after surgery. Operate the heart and lung machine to support the patient.
- Required: 3-5 years minimum perfusion experience
- Required: Completion of an accredited cardiovascular perfusion training program.
- Preferred: B.S. degree in perfusion technology.
License and Credentials
- Required: Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion., NJ perfusion license and BLS certification.
- Required: Contacts with other departments, furnishing or obtaining information or reports, requiring tact and discretion order to obtain cooperation. Rapid technical changes in the field required reading, site visits and seminar attendance to attain CE points required for recertification.