GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Provide children with a safe and positive learning environment. Work with Instructors to develop program activities and lesson plans to support the developmental and cognitive growth of children at the childcare center. Under the Instructors direction and guidance, provide instructional reinforcement to children. Provide support and assistance to Instructors. Supervise children and facilitate in their learning experiences. Observe behavior and report findings to the appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel. Assist with the maintenance, cleaning and upkeep of the childcare facility.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
Additional Job Functions:
- Maintains job related certifications in accordance with Broward County Child Care Licensing Standards to work in a child care facility.
- Provide care and support to children from various ages infant through 5th grade. Responsible for the health, safety and personal welfare of assigned children.
- Maintain high moral standards; be well disposed around children.
- Assists with the classroom preparation for the day.
- Assists in implementation of various programs and activities for children.
- Assists Instructors in developing curriculum and activities.
- Assist in the implementation of special events for the program.
- Assists in preparation of all necessary materials for the program.
- Assist in chaperoning children during field trips and events.
- Performs related work as required.
- Basic office functions such as answering phones, typing and basic clerical tasks.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required minimum age of 18 years.
- Provide verification of having a High School Diploma or a Certificate of High School Equivalency.
- Ability to successfully pass background screening through Broward County Child Care Licensing and Enforcement Section, as required by Section 435, Florida Statutes.
- Must have good moral character based upon a Level 2 screening standards.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Physician's statement of good health for child care center personnel. The individual must be physically qualified to care for children, be free of all communicable diseases and free of any behavior that may be injurious to children.
- Child First Aid and CPR certification are required within 90 days of hire.
- Effective command of English language is required.
- Completion of the Introductory Child Care Training (40 hours) as documented on the Department of Children and Families Child Care Training Transcript; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform job functions.
- Successful completion of Early Literacy and Language Development (5 hours) within 30 days of employment, as documented on the Department of Children and Families Child Care Training transcript.
- Must have 6 months documented experience working with children in a childcare setting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform job functions.