Exela Technologies is looking to fill a Mail Clerk position in Washington, DC. The shift for this position will be 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, working Monday – Friday. The position is located in Washington, DC.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
So what will you actually be doing?
With a strong attention to detail, this role will facilitate a variety of mailroom tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Mail Clerk´s daily tasks will involve:
- Perform various Mail Center activities (sorting, metering, folding, inserting, delivery, pickup, etc.)
- Lift heavy boxes, files or paper when needed, which may be up to 55lbs.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, production environment
- Consistently adhere to all business and safety procedure guidelines
- Take direction from supervisor or site manager
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation; attention to detail
- Participate in cross-training (Filing, outgoing shipments, etc.)
- Operating mailing, copy or scanning equipment
- Shipping & Receiving
- Handle time-sensitive material (i.e. confidential, urgent packages)
- Create and ship files
- Provide backfill when needed
- Sort and deliver mail, small packages
- Perform other tasks as assigned
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Minimum of 6 months customer service related experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness and availability to work additional hours if assigned
- Keyboarding and windows environment PC skills required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)