Director of Finance Miami, FL
Area of Focus:
VP of Finance
Relocation Assistance Provided
Our client is the regions only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to a 289-bed children's hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the Tri-County Area, the health system includes; a foundation, a non-profit physician practice, an ambulatory surgery center and a line of children's wellness products.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of the range of corporate financial functions including, reporting, Treasury, Tax, revenue, general Accounting, Finance, Accounts Payables, Payroll, and decision support. Establishes and maintains an accounting system to meet the health system needs and ensures integrity of financial statements, internal/external audits, tax returns and treasury functions.
- Assembling the talent and supervising and coordinating efforts of the Finance/Accounting staff in financial analysis and recording of financials transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of transactions in accordance with GAAP and for stewardship of resources.
- Contributes to major processes such as budgets, forecasts, business planning and capital planning.
- Responsible for the talent and culture of the finance and accounting team, promoting collaboration and transparency.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 years of progressive experience in acute care healthcare facility Finance/Accounting
- Experience in all aspects of accounting, financial management and all financial functions with a proven work record.
- Masters or MBA
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma highly preferred?
- Demonstrated leadership working with financial and clinical departments collaboratively in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong and collaborative relationships?
- Excellent speaking and writing communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills to approach new regulations and situations with imaginative, innovative solutions