PORTNEUF MEDICAL CENTER - FOOD
Target Hourly Rate:
$15.15/hour starting Pay (or More Based on Experience); Shift Differentials; Monthly Meal Stipend Program and Much More!
Come Join our Sodexo team
and earn a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
!! Apply for more details! Additional bonus opportunities may include: attendance, employee referral, safety, and others.
We will train you on all the skills needed to be successful in this job!
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
$14.80 starting pay (or more based on experience)
- Plus 2nd shift differential pay $0.75 per hour
- Plus 3rd shift differential pay $1.50 per hour
- Plus Weekend differential pay $2.00 per hour
- Plus annual merit increases based on performance
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- $60 Monthly Meal Stipend Program for Full-Time employees
- Free parking at the facility
- Employee discounts at many retailer and other businesses
- 401(k) for both Part-Time and Full-Time employees
eligible employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life -Insurance, Vacation, Sick Time, Holiday, Flex Spending, etc.
Comprehensive training program provided for all positions. Sign-On bonus eligibility requirements will be reviewed with candidates at time of interview.
Sodexo has opportunities that fit your life and your schedule, and we are looking to add team members today!
Work Schedule :
Days and Evenings
This position may be required to work Rotating Weekends and Holidays.
Work Opportunities: Full-Time
This location is accessible by public transportation.
Portneuf Medical Center
777 Hospital Way
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
The Cook I will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
General Responsibilities :
Qualifications & Requirements
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station.
Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
May receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May produce some batch goods using basic cooking techniques.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
Maturity of judgment and behavior.
Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
Maintains a positive attitude.
Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
Must comply with any dress code requirements.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
0 to 2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
Ability to use a computer.
Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility.
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).