This is your chance to be part of a team that does deployments and implementations of various collaboration systems that include: video, audio and web systems. Work on exciting projects within a company that will give you the chance to also develop your AV skills in different areas.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- On-site installation of audiovisual displays, equipment and hardware.
- Build equipment racks, pull and terminate wire and cabling as per specs
- Install connectors
- Assist with metal/mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring
- Assess AV flow diagrams and cable schedules
- Configure AV equipment: load software, programs eg. Media control systems, DSPs, matrix mixers, switches and codecs
- Identify cables, wires, adapters
- Perform field installs of AV control systems like Crestron
- Test the functionality of equipment
- Experience with AV systems from Cisco, Polycom etc.
- Experience with flat panel displays
- Onsite troubleshooting, repair and replacement of system equipment
- Minimum 3 years experience doing AV installations
- Basic understanding of signal flow, wiring and building structure standards.
- AV signaling standards:
- Video Signal types: HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component (RGB) Composite
- Aspect Ratios, Display types & uses
- Audio Signal Types: Line Level Balanced Audio vs. Microphone Level
- Connectors: HDMI, DB15 (VGA), BNC, RCAXLR, ¼” TRS, Phoenix
Interested applicants are urged to apply through indeed via the link below.
Candidates interested in this or other similar IT related career opportunities are encouraged to connect with Tricia Small on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/tricia-small-3ba5529/
Job Type: Full-time
- Audio Visual installation: 1 year