Setting the Standard for Exceptional Care
For over eighty-five years, Silver Hill Hospital (SHH) has been at the forefront of psychiatry and leading the way in providing the best treatment for psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Our track record of success is based on a carefully executed team effort, one that uses an array of powerful tools, talent and knowledge to help people turn their lives around. We have opportunities available for individuals who have a passion to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Medical Director, Dual Diagnosis Service Line
Step into this clinical leadership role and oversee the dual diagnosis service line at Silver Hill Hospital. The Medical Director of the Dual Diagnosis Service Line works collaboratively with the Dual Diagnosis Service Line Director and a team of addictions trained psychiatrists, nurses, psych techs, social workers, residential counselors and senior hospital leadership to provide strategic direction and lead the growth and development of the Dual Diagnosis Service Line. The Medical Director plays a vital role in recruitment and program development, strategic and financial planning, marketing, quality improvement, and staff engagement. The Medical Director will operate within a team of service line directors that reports to the Chief Clinical Officer, and interface with psychiatry, nursing, social work, psychology discipline directors as well as leadership within IT, finance, marketing/communications, quality improvement, patient experience and accreditation. With the planned growth of dual diagnosis services, the Medical Director will help lead initiatives to grow services that span multiple sites and leverage technology to increase dual diagnosis recovery support.
Join a highly collaborative team and help further grow and transform dual diagnosis care at SHH.
- Experience in dual diagnosis psychiatric hospital settings
- Flexibility to travel and promote SHH dual diagnosis programs nationally
- Serve as a primary voice and authority for dual diagnosis care at SHH
- Provide oversight for all dual clinical programs, including guidelines, policies and procedures related to dual diagnosis care
- Ensure that the system of dual diagnosis care, inpatient, transitional, and outpatient, is state of the art and delivers exceptional outcomes and value to patients, the community and SHH
- Facilitate the development of evidence-based approaches to dual diagnosis care
- Responsible for service line budget; quality metrics; patient experience and P&L
Required Criteria of Qualified Candidates
- MD or DO in psychiatry; Addictions Medicine: 1 year
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive clinical leadership experience in dual diagnosis treatment
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- A proven track record of collaboration and consensus building
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental benefits including HSA and 401K
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays.
All applicants should apply through ADP.
Interested physicians with questions about the position may contact:
Michael Groat, PhD
Chief Clinical Officer
Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, CT. 06840