Join the inclusive team at Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital! Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital is located in BEAUTIFUL Green Valley AZ, 25 miles south of Tucson. This is a wonderful opportunity for growth and development in a career that is both exciting and creating a positive impact on the community.
As an ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR, you will be responsible for the following:
- Directing the development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program as described by the department's policies and procedures and as measured by the QI Plan.
- Provides small and large group activities designed to meet the needs and interests of each resident and which includes social activities, indoor and outdoor activities, activities away from the facility, religious programs, creative activities, educational activities and exercise activities.
- Provides direction for recreational, social and spiritual activities for the facility residents.
- Interviews the residents, completes documents, maintains charting timely and at times assists with activities.
- Maintains programs designed to make life more meaningful, to stimulate and support physical and mental capabilities to the fullest extent, and to enable the resident to maintain the highest attainable social, physical and emotional functioning.
- Assists with activities when needed. Makes room visits, holds conversations with residents, prays with them, reassures them and gives moral support where necessary.
- Maintains a written planned schedule of social and other purposeful independent or group activities.
- Plans and conducts in-service training for the staff of the facility.
- Coordinates the activity schedule with other resident services.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a current record of the type and frequency of activities provided and the names of residents participating in each activity.
- Is able to assist residents with activities; is compassionate and understanding and is able to listen and converse with older people.
- Trains, supervises and directs activity leaders, assistants and volunteers who assist with Written documentation complies with department, DNV and Medicare guidelines and is completed in a timely manner.
- Two (2) years of experience in a resident activities program in a healthcare setting.
- State of Arizona Certified Activities Director, Occupational Therapist, or Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (or equivalent by experience).
- May have additional qualifications that would enhance job performance, such as certification or licensing as CNA, LPN/LVN, RN or degrees in recreational, social or occupational work.
- Has satisfactorily completed a State of Arizona training course designated specifically for this position.
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Resident Activies Program: 2 years (Preferred)
- State of Arizona Activities Corrdinator Training Course (Required)
- CPR (Required)
- Occupational Therapist (Preferred)
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Preferred)
- State of Arizona Certified Acitivies Director (Preferred)