- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a staff RN to include: all Activities of Daily Living, such as cleanliness, toileting, nourishment, and grooming.
- Also includes routine bedmaking, showering of patients, changes of clothing and use of lift equipment as necessary.
- Reports ADL and monitoring issues promptly to the RN, observes and reports changes in behavior, sleep patterns, and condition of the patients, as well as provides age-specific care to the adult and geriatric patient population.
- Performs assigned tasks including but not limited to vital signs, accu-checks, collection of routine specimens, and transporting patients to treatments and/or diagnostic testing within the hospital, and documents in the electronic record or paper record on assigned patients and provides guidance to patient and family members.
- Monitors all patient activity.
- Announces group time and visiting hours, performs hall checks, observes patients on CA and in restraints under the supervision of the RN if applicable as well as assists the RN with location and/or prompting patients to go to the medication room for their routine medications.
- Assists the implementation of the treatment program by performing delegated tasks under the direct guidance and supervision of a Registered Nurse as well as directs visitors to the nurses station, examines bags for contraband, redirects visitors to the dayroom and monitors patient/ visitor activity.
- Assists with the admission, discharge, and transfer of patients as well as monitors patient use of laundry facility to ensure safety as well as assures that the unit remains safe at all times by coordinating hall checks with the monitoring of the dayroom, common areas and nursing station with coworkers.
- Participates in unit-based performance improvement plan and collaborates with the treatment team in formulating and implementing patient treatment, also assists in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment in an effective manner during interactions with both patients and staff.
- Assists in the orientation and training of newly hired Mental Health Workers.
- May be appointed to participate in the CPI training program as a certified trainer by the Nurse Manager/Coordinator.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
*Additional Salary Detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).