OR Spine Service Line Leader
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
The OR Service Leader responsibilities include:
Perioperative Nursing Practice - Acts as a clinical leader and resource for the assigned surgical specialty and/ unit. Supports Inova's mission and strategic plans. Ensures unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements and Joint Commission standards.
Leadership- Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies.
Quality/Safety/Compliance-Utilizes the quality process and best practices to improve clinical operation of the specialty/unit. Utilizes Joint Commission standards and AORN nursing practice tools and research to support a surgical care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes. Incorporates data and information to continually improve operations.
Tactical - Serves as primary liaison and information resource for specialty. Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic, evidence based environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes.
Teamwork-Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Provides mentoring to OR team. Works collaboratively, has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Role models an integrated approach toward case/patient outcomes. Uses and role models clinical expertise in the assessment of staff learning needs capabilities and readiness.
Professional Development-Ensures improvements in Specialty Service by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding Specialty Service and Perioperative Services in general. Serves as a resource, preceptor and mentor.
Participates in decision making and problem solving.
Financial-The OR Services Leader uses human and material resources to deliver safe, high quality and cost effective perioperative services.
The OR Services Leader interacts with and contributes to the professional growth of peers, colleagues and others as well as assures efficient functioning of the unit and achievement of optimal patient outcomes.
- 2 years of clinical experience related to the unit's scope.
- Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend-Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.-Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS Certification.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.Proof required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.-Proven Leadership Skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize. Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs.
Work Site Location
INOVA FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL