Technical Solutions Consultant Job Profile and Description
This Technical Solutions Consultant position provides pre and post-sales technical consulting to General Microsystems Inc.'s sales team. As part of this team, the Technical Solutions Consultant works alongside of sales assisting with the development of new business strategies, providing product sales support, as well as well as participate in technical roll-outs for customers. The Technical Solutions Consultant is responsible for product research, understanding customer’s technical needs, and determining the overall business and technical solution. Providing general technical education to the sales staff is required. The ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, respond to in-depth customer questions, and completing RFI/RFP’s is essential. This position is pivotal to General Microsystems' technical accreditation and a significant investment is required by the Technical Solutions Consultant to learn, understand and demonstrate the individual's competency via vendor certification.
- Actively engage in customer/prospect meetings.
- Perform assessments of customer requirements, hardware, software and security needs.
- Understand customer’s needs and establish best solution or product that addresses requirements and provides business value.
- Lead Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) and evaluations, deliver product demonstrations.
- Effectively respond to RFIs/RFPs.
- Manage vendor or internal resources needed to support technology solution.
- Contribute to account planning.
- Cultivate and grow existing customer relationships and help establish new ones.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of products, functions, features and benefits.
- Understand product capability gaps or functionality to define ways to handle them, stay current on competitive alternatives.
- Provide feedback to product group on customer requests, products and trends in the field.
- Support professional services delivery, including field consulting, as required.
- Obtain and maintain vendor certifications necessary for company vendor status.
- Provide knowledge and training on products to internal team, if requested.
- Generate original content, support company’s online technical presence.
- Represent GMI at trade shows, present at conferences, as necessary.
Requirements & Skills
- Five to ten years’ experience in a pre-sales technical role working with all levels in the information technology industry is required.
- Broad understanding of distribution, supply chain, manufacturing, finance and business issues.
- Proven success-presenting technology as business solutions in complex environments.
- Able to prioritize the work in multi-tasking environment.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and follow up on commitments, detail oriented.
- Strong selling and sales aptitude.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Flexible, accurate and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team leadership ability.
- Broad understanding of system design, networking, storage, cloud, security audits and systems security software.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery philosophies and data encryption technologies.
- Experience with systems implementation, configuration or administration.
- Exposure to programming logic.
- Ability to pass vendor certification training and tests.
- Show ability to work through technical problems, especially in complex environments.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Technical certifications with a major hardware or software vendor preferred.
General Microsystems Inc. has been providing purposed-based IT solutions to meet the needs of complex IT environments for over 35 years. Renowned for our integrity, flexibility, and innovation we offer:
- Internal and external training opportunities
- A diverse workforce
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Matching Simple IRA plan
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Easy access from I-405 & I-90, with free parking
Interested in becoming a part of the team? Please submit your resume and cover letter through indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Support: 5 years (Required)
- Infrastructure design and implementation: 4 years (Required)
- Bellevue, WA 98005 (Preferred)