Histotechnologist- per diem
Performs all technical and mechanical aspects of histology. Responsible for preparing tissue and all related activities for evaluation by pathologists. Interacts with cytology staff and pathologists to maintain flow of specimens.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Prepare, process, embed, cut, stain and mount tissue specimens for evaluation and examination by the pathologist.
- Perform special staining procedures, including IHC on tissue and quality control slides as requested.
- Accession specimens in Pathology and Cytology in the computer.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and instruments and keep appropriate records.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Attend inservice education meetings and educational seminars as requested.
- Other related duties.
- Pick up specimens all day from all areas of hospital.
- Perform frozen sections..
- As directed, ensure that proper billing related codes are attached to patient account.
- Dispose of specimens in correct manner.
- Dispose of hazardous chemicals in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Adheres to all duties within job description
- Written and verbal skills in English at a college graduate level
- HT(ASCP) and HTL(ASCP) certified
- Successful completion of hospital pathology department test