Provides general support for all staff and students computer needs at a school. Assists students and staff in Technology Lab. May provide support for school computer needs, such as printers, scanners, LCD displays, cameras, laser discs, and personal computers. Monitors students as assigned. Works under the direction of a licensed staff member. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to work one-on-one or in small groups with students
3. General office equipment
4. Knowledge of technology and personal computers
5. Possess specific skills related to the work to be performed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises, sets up, schedules, and monitors maintenance of technology lab, including equipment storage, distribution, setup and repair. May include installation of memory chips and network hardware.
2. Troubleshoots and performs minor maintenance of computers and other equipment as assigned. Works with Information Systems to identify and coordinate computer repair requests.
3. Provides support for printers, scanners, LCD displays, cameras, laser discs, mainframe session support, and network.
4. Installs software and provides system security and passwords.
5. Assists classes and staff with a variety of projects and assignments. Provides support to classes in Technology Lab.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1 to 2 years
Frequent bending, reaching, climbing
Heavy physical (lifting up to 50 pounds)
Visual concentration on equipment
Normal school district environment
Working with others
Frequent lifting, pulling and/or pushing