Maple Grove Hot Springs and Retreat Centeris a 45 acre, fully off-grid eco center along the Bear River and Oneida Narrows Reservoir. We offer 4 hot spring pools, a 30’ group retreat yurt, glamping accommodations in yurts, canvas tents, cabins for over 30 guests, riverfront beach, hiking trails, paddleboard/kayak rentals, reception lodge/bathhouse, and more.
We believe personal wellness requires community support, that wild land teaches powerful lessons, and that human growth is rooted in new experiences. Maple Grove commits to their employees a nurturing work environment and the tools to achieve personal and professional success. Maple Grove is committed to creating and inspiring one of a kind guest experience, which begins and ends with the hard work and dedication of our amazing staff.
Maple Grove Hosts
Maple Grove Hosts serve as contracted professionals who oversee the center functions and guest experience while on-site. While on-site, they are the executive presence tasked with representing the intention and service of Maple Grove. They will be an integral member of the founding team of conservationists, healers, explorers, artists, and builders dedicated to the revival of a historical hot springs in the pristine landscape of Southern Idaho.
Commitment: 4 - 6 month contracts: October 2019 - March 2020
Work Schedule: 5 days on; including weekends 2 days off
Important Dates: Orientation & Training: September 26 - 30
- Directly supervise and be accountable for all aspects of Maple Grove Hot Springs Retreat operations when the General Manager or Community Manager is not present
- Ensure guests have an exceptional “one-of-a-kind” Maple Grove experience
- Maintain and builds relationships with property neighbors, local communities, and key partners
- Be a Maple Grove representative upholding our vision and core principles
- Interact with guests to ensure total satisfaction with resort services
- Ensure accurate communication of information to guests regarding resort services, facilities and operating hours, as well as provision of appropriate collateral materials to guests as needed
- Maintain consistent standards of guest orientation and escorted arrival tour procedures
- Ensure guest satisfaction through appropriate resolution of all issues and complaints
- Ensure guests comply with retreat rules and guidelines at all times
- Lead on-site hosting team by example in creating a “one-of-a-kind” Maple Grove experience for our guests
- Oversee daily tasks assigned to work-trade staff
- Foster and maintain positive relations by keeping open lines of communication with the Maple Grove team.
- Work with the maintenance staff and make them aware of any maintenance needs in a timely manner
- Ensure staff and volunteers follow all health and safety regulations
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of hot springs, River House, cafe, grounds, resort accommodations, public facilities, and staff housing
- Ensure recreational rental equipment is well maintained and safe for guest use
- Manage online registrations of lodgings, and daily soaking
- Oversee procedures for and maintain accuracy of all cashier functions and ensure staff adherence to all accounting, billing and credit policies
- Co-manage social media accounts and email- answering guest inquiries and forwarding content to General Manager when appropriate
- Exceptional customer service skills, responsible and mature, and enjoy working with people
- Experience managing successful happy teams
- Must be easily adaptable to shifting of work loads and specific tasks
- Live and work in remote and at times extreme outdoor conditions (rain, sun, snow)
- Pass background check
- Valid driver's license
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- 2-3 years experience in eco-tourism, guest hospitality, environmental education, management, or a related field. Airbnb hosting prefered but not required.
- Degree in eco-tourism, outdoor recreation, sustainability, environmental education, and/or small business is awesome but not necessary
- Monthly living stipend & food allowance (stipend negotiable based on experience)
- Position is available to a couple or individual
- On-site room and board provided
- Participate in Maple Grove workshops, seminars, and other special events and activities at a reduced rate or free.
- Fresh air, sunshine, soaking, and an experience of a life-time
- Opportunity to be a part of the founding Center team during its inaugural season.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 /month
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma