MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
We are looking for California State Licensed Electricians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems, electric vehicle charging stations and energy storage systems. Applicant should be able to deliver high quality, consistent and competent work and supervision in electrical construction in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures. Including, but not limited to full system installation, commissioning, maintenance, system performance evaluation and troubleshooting. Additionally, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and sound troubleshooting skills are required.
To support the overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel or environment.
To be adaptive to performing and crafting other trade work to facilitate electrical work installation.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design and specifications
In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly fill out JHA & LOTO documentation.
Ensure that workers and operators are always working in a safe manner
Responsible for quality assurance for all work performed by the crew
Must be able to react and remedy production related issues as they arise in the field
Communicate with internal and external customers as required
Other duties as assigned
Commission PV systems, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
Generate service specific reports using Microsoft word and excel to present to the customer as a professional document.
Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
Certified Electrician in the State of CA
Strong knowledge of California Electric Code and National Electric Code
Ability to read plan sets and perform take off for ordering materials
Experience using wire/cable tugger, hydraulic bender, conduit threading machine and exothermic welding devices
Ability to lead a team of electricians/apprentices
Experience working with power utilities
Experience with installation of main service boards, transformers and load centers
Commercial electrical experience
Experience with leading authority having jurisdictions through inspections
OSHA 10 a minimum
NFPA CESC preferred
Proper knowledge of working in and around areas with “live” circuits
Licenses – Current clean driver’s licenses
Electrical – California State Certified Electrician (Journeyman level)
Transportation - Own reliable transportation
Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training.
Flexibility - Work locations and shifts.
Character Traits - Reliable, Punctual, Productive, Mechanically Inclined
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrable commitment to safety
- Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
- Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
- Confident, ability to work on own initiative and resourcefulness to complete all assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
1) Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
2) Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
3) Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
4) Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc...
5) Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times. Each job site may be different, and must be accessed individually.
6) Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
7) Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
1) Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
2) Lift 51 pounds.
3) Constantly moving on your feet, all day long.
4) Climb ladders of all types.
5) Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
6) Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
7) Responsible for securing tools and materials from vendors and storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.
Upon acceptance of offer, candidates must be able to successfully complete background check and Drug Screening, and have the ability to maintain continuous coverage on company auto insurance plans.
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.