IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of retail and interiors. We are presently searching for a Project Architect in the Retail studio of our Seattle office. The Project Architect, while working under general supervision of a Senior Project Architect and/or Job Captain or Project Manager, provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Review CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Coordinates with Senior technical staff and design staff to provide technical solutions for design dilemmas
- Manages project through contract administration phase
- Coordinates engineering consultant’s work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents
- May mentor the work of Junior and Intermediate Designers
- Conducts client interviews to determine technical requirements for the design
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
- Architecture license required
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate interior and/or retail design projects
- Advanced interior and/or retail architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of contract documents and procedures; building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Advanced Revit skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
For the majority of the time the Project Architect will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.