CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity on our Technology – Business Solutions
team. We are looking for Sr. Applications Developer
to join our team. This position can be based in either of our New York, NY; Baltimore, MD; Bethesda, MD; Roseland, NJ; or Atlanta, GA
If you are:
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class internal client service
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Primary responsibilities include:
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
Initially this position will encompass working with vendor APIs to enable integration/automation between software solutions used in an accounting and financial environment. Future responsibilities will entail ground-up design and development to produce and maintain various applications and services to aid, enhance, and/or replace manual processes.
The individual in this position will work independently on most phases of development and analysis as well as collaboratively with end users and business groups to identify and define requirements associated with delivering simple to complex solutions. Responsibilities of this position will primarily encompass designing, coding, testing, debugging, and thoroughly documenting application solutions and processes to meet varying business requirements, enterprise performance, and architecture standards. This includes, but is not limited to custom coding from scratch, modifying pre-existing code, software integration and analysis, conducting robust unit testing, providing support for subsequent release testing, and providing escalated support for applications in production.
This position will work closely with members of various business departments throughout the firm (Staff, Managers, Partners, and Directors), internal Technology teams (which include Business Analysts, Support Technicians, Engineers, and IT Management), and with external vendors.
Role Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working with relational databases directly and via code.
- Knowledgeable in Information Systems and the ability to apply that knowledge in practice.
- Experience working with project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid).
- Experience collaborating on small to large IT projects.
- Experience interacting face-to-face with end-users and management (both 1-on-1 and within group meetings).
- Must be able to understand and collect detailed business requirements and translate such into functional code.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient with systems analysis and design methods.
- Read/Write English at a collegiate level without difficulty.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents as well as identify and evaluate anticipated outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and translate complex technical information into easy to understand terms and examples.
- Ability to think creatively and provide strategic support to senior management.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with a positive customer service focus/attitude.
- Ability to express your needs, thoughts, and concerns in an open, constructive, and respectful manner.
- Ability to understand and produce detailed documentation such as process flow diagrams, user manuals, and technical manuals.
- Staying abreast of new technologies and participating in training to develop new skillsets.
- This is not a strictly heads down coding position.
- This position is as much a liaison as it is a developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting/Finance, or a related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience developing applications within or for the Accounting/Finance sector.