JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant
FACILITY LOCATION: Woodbury, NY
REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE (Basic purpose of job)
Responsible for directing activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation. Provide recommendations in support of the achievement of company goal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform month end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Set up new raw material, packaging; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in SAP.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.\
- Ensure validity and accuracy of SAP through analysis, internal audit and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
BA in Accounting of Finance
Food industry experience a plus
Hands on SAP experience preferred
5+ years experience in Accounting, Cost Accounting preferred
3+ years operational experience, especially with inventory
Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced modeling and analytical techniques
Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)